Recently I’ve started to consolidate all of my photos into one Aperture library. This has proved to be a nightmare.
At this point I’ve managed to lose the structure of over half of my previous (lightroom) organization.
I also ended up with some duplicates.
Using Tidy-Up, I was able to easily eliminate the duplicates. I went through the 5k+ duplicates that were found and manually checked about 100 of them, they all looked correct, so I don’t think there were too many false positives.
All in all, thumbs up to Tidy-Up.
So it finally happened, one of the drives in the drobo went bad.
Of course the drobo slowed to a halt. First I tried taking the drive out and putting it back in, after a few days of “Data Protection: In Progress” according to the drobo dashboard, it showed the drive as bad again.
So now I’ve replaced the drive with another identical drive (thank god I had an identical one sitting around as I’m not sure how the drobo would handle a minute capacity difference in drives).
At this point it says 62 hours remaining, so we’ll see how long it actually takes.
Headed to Sao Paulo, Brazil on the 6th for Carnival.