A while back I had picked up a Kindle to try out. Prior to it I was using a Barnes and Noble ‘nook.’
Things I like about it:
- Ability to email books to your kindle convert email address, have them converted into a kindle readable format and then downloaded automatically to your kindle over wifi (or 3G if you have that version).
Things I dislike about it:
- No page turn buttons. Its annoying having to touch the screen all the time.
- The power button is very inconveniently located. Whenever I hold the device one-handed, from the bottom, I seem to accidentally hit the power off button every now and then.
- Much easier in the nook or ipad to change font sizes, styles, display margins, etc. I still haven’t found a way to change the line spacing on the kindle.
- Freezes up every now and then.
- Slow. The device seems to do everything slowly, sometimes it gets unbearably slow.